Monday, September 13, 2010

Revival

"All glory comes from daring to begin."
Eugene F. Ware




SOMETHING HAS BEEN SET IN MOTION.
Can you feel it? It is a new feeling at AbstractWorks, but definitely welcome.

There was no post last week for two reasons:


1. Labor Day, so my family and I went out in the city.
2. I was hard at work preparing for school.


Well, I've been working hard to make up for that. I've been deep in the Source SDK all week and weekend, recruiting our new AbstractWorks Mapping Crew (www.awemaps.blogspot.com) and working on Forgotten.


At the moment, Forgotten is 15% done mapping wise and only in it's first draft. I hope to get the first draft done quickly, so I may go over the maps to connect them and make them look nice. Tom's joined in after finishing his first map. With his new knowledge of mapping, hopefully Forgotten will get finished sooner. I'll add a few screenshots of the current maps into the post tomorrow.


Rebel's Mind and The Wick are on hold again, as the group is diverting all their effort into a group machinima we are revealing next week. When we release the pilot, I'll begin work on RM episode 1, I promise.

In other news, the popular web series Red vs. Blue finished it's eighth season today. I hope to see the episode after I type this. I'm excited!!! I hear they will be moving on to Halo: Reach now. Speaking of which, it came out an hour ago. I should probably pick up my copy tomorrow.


While we are the subject of new games, I've already preordered Portal 2, which releases February 9, 2011. I absolutely cannot wait for it. Shows how much of a Portal geek I am!


If you've been following Valve related news(www.halflife2.net) then you know Valve has 3 surprises for the coming year. They sure do know how to raise hype. I hope it's Episode 3. I really do.


Well, there you have it. Everything on my mind. Sigh. I need a coffee. I'll wait for morning.


Forgotten screenshots tomorrow.


See ya next Monday(for sure!!!)!


EDIT: Here are some epic screenshots of Forgotten so far.








If you head over to the Forgotten page you will see it is updated! I set up a Mod DB profile for it and updates will come over there as well. I am now going to go get Halo: Reach! Wish me luck!


-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment