Monday, September 20, 2010

Reach

A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it.
William Feather

IT IS AWESOME.
And I'm sure everyone can agree.

That is correct. Halo: Reach is here, and I thought I'd do a special post just for it. It deserves it anyway.

Total Rating:  and a half.

Right. Halo: Reach is a true action game from start to finish, it's entirety detailing the last stand of Noble Team on planet Reach, and their epic struggle against the deadly Covenant force intent on destroying it all. You play as Noble Six, new Noble Team member, same gender as yourself and wearing the same armor as you wish it to be. It's up to you and the rest of Team Noble to fight for Reach. From the beginning. You know the end (at least, I hope you do).

I thought I wouldn't be able to get it last Tuesday, and instead have to wait until this week to get it. Thankfully, my dad helped me out, and I got Reach on Tuesday (yay!).

The controls are a bit changed up (for the third time in the Halo series) but I soon had it down, just in time for the best parts of the game. The campaign is classic Halo bringing itself full circle,  and with plenty of juicy gameplay from beginning to end. Firefight from ODST returns, and that itself has been gloriously redefined. Matchmaking is as good as ever, and new features, such as Daily Challenges and Credits for buying things as well as ranking up, make the replay value incredibly high for a fifth installment in a series. All that, plus the expanded and improved Forge mode, Theater, new maps and gamemodes, and a great Community equals a brilliant game.

Bungie's send-off to Halo is a brilliant closure and I am really happy for them. They wrapped up Halo for them, and now they can move on and make a new masterpiece, as I'm sure they will.

On Blog news:

Do not miss next week's post!!!! It's reveal day, so we get to see all the trailers for things AbstractWorks side. Next Monday everyone.

So yeah, more on everything then. Reach is awesome. Next big game: PORTAL 2!!!!!

2 comments: